The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Thames View
The job has expired.
Benefits of joining our team
- £11.00 per hour
- Part time 20 hours per week
- Enhanced pay on bank holidays
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statuary bank holidays)
- Staff recognition schemes
- Refer a Friend bonus of up to £1000
- Cycle to work scheme
- I have an idea £50 gift card
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Comprehensive Training and Career Development
- A friendly and supportive working environment
Becoming a Superhero
Why join us?
We’re proud of our happy home and are dedicated to creating a place where everyone enjoys coming to work each day.
As well being part of a lively and supportive team, we are surrounded by fascinating residents who also bring so much to our lives every day too.
About the role
As our Hairdresser you will be responsible for ensuring that when our residents visit our inhouse salon, they are given all possible choices of a wash, cut, colour and styling. You will get to know their care needs and you will keep up to date with any care needs that change to ensure that residents are kept happy and safe when visiting our salon.
You’ll interact with our residents throughout their visit – so you’ll be friendly, caring and kind whilst respecting our residents’ dignity at all times.
Here’s some other important things you need to know:
- You will be responsible for keeping the salon clean, tidy and safe whilst you are working and ensure towels are given to our laundry team when the salon closes
- You will report any faulty equipment to the home manager and you will ensure that supplies are keep stocked up by filling in purchase requests when needed
The Ideal Candidate
Exceptional people make an exceptional care home
We're looking for people who have a caring nature and want to work as part of an amazing team, surrounded by kindness and fun! For most of the roles in our vibrant care home, you don’t need specific qualifications or experience to be successful as full training is provided.
What we do look for are individuals who share our sense of compassion, care about people’s comfort and happiness and want to make a positive difference to the lives of our treasured residents and team members.